Support the National Alliance on Mental Illness and help eliminate stigma now !!!

  • Steve Robison
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2012
      Karen and I are writing to tell
      you about NAMIWalks, NAMI's signature 3 mile walkathon event that is being held
      this Saturday, June 2nd, in Golden Gate Park.

      Local NAMI families, volunteers
      and mental health clients and consumers have repeatedly proven to be invaluable
      to us by generously sharing their knowledge and experiences. NAMI is the
      National Alliance on Mental Illness, and their many classes and programs have
      made a huge difference in our lives. We are very proud to be walking to help support
      NAMI so that they can continue to help others in need.

      NAMI, the Nation's Voice on Mental
      Illness, is the largest education, support and advocacy organization that
      serves the needs of all those whose lives are touched by mental illness. This
      includes mental health clients and consumers, their families, friends, and
      employers, as well as the law enforcement community and policy makers.

      The NAMI organization is composed
      of approximately 1100 local affiliates, 50 state offices, and a national
      office. NAMI is there to support all those affected by mental illness,
      including our returning veterans and their families in the challenges they face
      with PTSD and other mental issues. It is
      a fact that one in four families will be affected in some way by mental illness.

      The goals of the NAMIWalks program
      are: fight the stigma that surrounds mental illness and to build awareness of
      the fact that the mental health system in this country needs to be improved.

      NAMI has been rated by Worth
      magazine in the top 100 charities "most likely to help save the
      world" and has been given an A+ rating by The American Institute of Philanthropy
      for efficient and effective use of charitable dollars. The NAMI organization
      has a very low administrative cost with 95 cents of every dollar going directly
      to its mission.

      If you would care to make a
      donation to sponsor us, please visit the link below:

      www.nami.org/namiwalks12/SFO/SteveAndKaren

      Support the National Alliance on
      Mental Illness and help eliminate stigma now!!

      Best wishes,

                  --Steve
      Robison & Karen Cutter

      P.S. - If this letter should reach
      you after the June 2nd walk date, you can still click on the link above to help
      us reach our goals. It's never too late to help! :-)