fun things

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29 11:34 AM
      A blog with illustrated snippets of conversation:

      http://www.youlookliketherighttype.com/

      Here is a piece about working in a coffee shop:

      > The Routine
      > Barbara walks to Vic�s Espresso 3-4 times a week for morning coffee. Then
      > she returns 3-4 more times to paint.
      >
      > Painting at coffee shops challenges Barbara to be more out front as an
      > artist.
      >
      > Full blog post at <http://www.artbizblog.com/**2012/04/coffee-shop.html<http://www.artbizblog.com/2012/04/coffee-shop.html>

      > .
      > And this reply:

      I just recently moved my shop from being a
      garden/garage shop into a space next door to a coffee shop. I've found it
      really rewarding to be able to interact with people and talk to them about
      the craft, show them how books are put together, and learn about what kind
      of books are important to them. The amount of space isn't ideal, but I
      still have workspace at my home shop for spreading out or doing delicate
      work that I need to concentrate on. The coffee shop is just one block from
      our state's biggest university, so I'm hoping to do some lectures in that
      space soon that will appeal to the academic community. I work there one day
      a week, and the cafe owner is thinking about recruiting other
      artists/craftsfolk to do the same on other days of the week.
      Don't have many pictures up yet, but will try to get some up soon.
      Audra
      The Vespiary Book Restoration & Bindery
      Missoula, MT
      http://www.thevespiary.com