Santa Barbara's Third Annual Paper Ball - Cirque du Papier

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2012
      I have been asked to be a judge for the fashions made of paper for the Cirque du Papier. It sounds glorious. If you are interested in making an outfit/costume of paper, or if you want to come to this event at the Contemporary Arts Forum, see below.

      Jill

      President, Friends of Dard Hunter
      www.friendsofdardhunter.org

> [...]
      >
      > The Paper Ball pays homage to a grand ball of 1936 held at the Wadsworth Athenaeum Museum in Connecticut designed by surrealist artists, Charles Henri Ford and Russian painter Pavel Tchelitchew. In celebration of The Paper Ball founders, this year's suggested attire will be "Surrealism in Paper, Top Hats and Extravagance!" Enter to win prizes for Best in Paper, Paper Queen, Paper King, and Best Paper Accessory by a panel of guest judges!
      >
      > PAPER BALL FASHION JUDGES: Gina Tolleson, Executive Editor of Santa Barbara Magazine; Jill Littlewood, artist and President of international association of hand papermakers, The Friends of Dard Hunter; Finola Hughes, actress, television host and author; Gordon Seabury, CEO of Horny Toad, the outdoor lifestyle clothing brand.
      >
      > The Paper Ball - Cirque du Papier has a limited capacity at CAF. Don't miss out on Santa Barbara's most exciting event of the year by purchasing your tickets early!
      >
      > Click on the ticket links below or visit WaldorfSantaBarbara.org.
      > GENERAL TICKETS: $75 PURCHASE HERE
      > (Includes 10 circus tickets good for drinks & sideshows, raffle ticket)
      >
      > VIP TICKETS: $175 PURCHASE HERE
      > (Includes champagne preview, open bar & sideshows, VIP concierge, raffle ticket)
      >
      > RAFFLE TICKETS: $25 each, $100 for 5 tickets CALL TO PURCHASE 805-967-6656
      >
      > Grand Prize: One-week stay at a 3 Bdrm Beachfront Villa, La Chuparosa de Saladita, located north of Ixtapa, Mexico.
      >
      > Second Prize: "SB Staycation" - 2 nights at the charming Villa Rosa Inn, in-room massage and manicure for 2, $100 gift certificate for the Brewhouse, within walking distance of the Inn.
      >
      > Third Prize: $100 gift certificate for Santa Barbara's newest restaurant, Cielito, celebrating the authentic flavors of Mexico.
      >

      > SPONSORS: 805 Ink, Santa Barbara Contemporary Arts Forum, Santa Barbara Independent, Luna Madre Music, La Chuparose de Saladita, Figueroa Mountain Farmhouse, Villa Nikila - Bali, Villa Rosa Inn, Valiant Group, Violette Bakeshop, Brewhouse, Pixi Beauty, Arcana Corp, Frey Vineyards, Real Water, Winehound, Tennis Club of Santa Barbara, Fit Buddha, Sarah Scott Public Relations, Straight Up Cocktail, Robert Heeley Fine Art, Art Essentials, Jonathan Farrow
      >
      > WALDORF COMMUNITY SPONSORS: Russell Young, Linda Newlin, Shelley Scott, Brad Fiedel & Anne Dusenberry, Ted & Jaqueline Mullennix, Jane Masterson & Jake Vantiger, Tim & Susan Finnegan, Anthony Oppe & Petra Strand, William Peters & Lauren David, Scott & Christine Smigel

    • Jeanette Mustacich
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2012
        This looks very fun, and you're the perfect person to be a judge! Are you
        going to design a costume? J.