Friends of Dard Hunter: paper people in the news.

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2011
      The latest issue of Surface Design Magazine is devoted to paper and books. There is work by Mary Hark on the cover and an excellent article about her. Allison Roscoe has written a powerful article about the Combat Paper Project. The work of Amy Jacobs is well illustrated and Daniella Woolf, who showed encaustic at the 2010 IAPMA meeting, has outdone herself with a great article about book makers and paper artists in Santa Cruz, Ca.
      http://www.surfacedesign.org/publications/sda-journal

      Hand/Eye magazine, which I get online for free, has four articles about artists using paper:
      http://www.handeyemagazine.com/

      Studios Magazine has an article with a number of pictures of my papermaking studio. Included is a picture of Andrea Peterson teaching last year, with Kathy Wosika front and center.
      http://www.interweavestore.com/Mixed-Media/Magazines/Studios-Fall-2011.html?SessionThemeID=21

      Andrea will be teaching again at my studio before the Friends of Dard Hunter conference in October here in Santa Barbara. Please check out our website, www.friendsofdardhunter.org or go to the page for this regional conference, hosted by me:
      http://www.friendsofdardhunter.org/western.html

      I hope to see this town rock with papermakers this coming October!

      jill@...

      President, Friends of Dard Hunter
      www.friendsofdardhunter.org

      435 E. Pedregosa