October meeting in San Diego of American Printing History Association

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2011
      Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 11:20:54 -0700
      From: Nina Schneider <ninamschneider@...>
      Subject: Announcing an opportunity to showcase your work or wares at a book fair during the APHA conference in October (at UC San Diego)

      On behalf of the Southern California chapter of the American Printing Hsitory, this announcement will be sent to multiple lists. Please feel free to share with interested parties.

      Dear booksellers, fine press printers, and book artists:

      The Southern California Chapter of the American Printing History Association will be hosting a book fair as part of Printing at the Edge: 36th Annual Conference at UC San Diego in La Jolla, California. The fair will take place on Friday, October 14, 2011, the afternoon before the APHA conference begins. We have a limited number of tables, so please send your reservation immediately if you would like to participate. Find all the details below. We hope to see you at the conference!

      Warmly,
      Jessica Holada
      Membership Chair
      Southern California Chapter of the American Printing History Association

      BOOK FAIR
      The Southern California Chapter of APHA will host a book fair at the annual conference. This is a great opportunity for antiquarian and fine press booksellers, emerging and well-established printers, and other allied artists to showcase and sell their work. The fair is sure to enrich your conference experience, and give participants an opportunity to support new and seasoned practitioners and purveyors.
      A room has been reserved from 1:00 to 5:00 on Friday afternoon, October 14, 2011, at the UCSD Faculty Club. A limited number of tables are available in two sizes, and may be reserved on a first come, first served basis. Table fees will cover the direct costs of the book fair, with any proceeds benefiting the Southern California Chapter student scholarship fund.

      Tables & Fees
      #1) 3� x 3� tables: $25 (12 available)
      #2) 6� x 2 �� tables: $50 (14 available)

      Tables will be arranged in straight rows. Chairs and white tablecloths are available to exhibitors as part of the table fee. 3� x 3� tables may be combined to create larger tables.

      Reservations
      Use �APHA BOOK FAIR RESERVATION� as the subject line of your email. In the body of your email, please include your full name, your affiliation (if any), and the number of tables you wish to reserve. Send your request directly to the book fair organizer, Jessica Holada: 2pencecoloured@...

      Examples:
      Polly Printer
      Pickled Peppers Press
      One #1 = $25

      Benjamin Bookseller
      I�ve Got Letterpress Books Two #2 = $100

      Payments
      Checks are payable to: APHA Southern California Chapter.
      No cash or charge payments are available; Checks only.
      If your payment is not received by Friday, September 23rd, your table reservation will be released to another exhibitor who may be on a waiting list. Once we receive your payment, you will receive an email with details about the room location on campus, along with setup instructions.
      Send to: Jessica Holada 1440 Verd Oaks Drive Glendale, CA 91205

      Printing at the Edge: 36th Annual Conference information is available on the APHA website:http://www.printinghistory.org/programs/conference/conference_2011.php

      Book Fair information is also available online: http://www.printinghistory.org/programs/conference/conference_2011.php#book-fair

      We look forward to your participation in La Jolla!

      Nina Schneider
      Programs Chair
      Southern California chapter
      American Printing History Association