Teaching book arts at Fishbon in July

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2011
      For three Saturdays in July I will be teaching book arts at Fishbon, an artists collaborative in Santa Barbara (directions below): the 16th, 23rd, and 30th. In keeping with the ethos of Fishbon, that the best artistic creations are collaborations, I will create a space to work, have supplies, and be ready to teach any structure I know or just encourage experimentation. I hope participants will be ready to share their knowledge as well.

      On July 16th I will show several structures that can be made without sewing or glue. I will have examples of pop-ups, tunnel books, and others structures so you can dive in and begin making right away. I have been collecting information for 30 years and will bring a library of resources.

      If you have a project you are working on and would like to bring it, come.
      If you have done some book arts but want to try something new, come.
      If you don't know what we are talking about but are curious, come.

      Price is $20 for two hours, 11:00 - 1:00.

      Fishbon is at the corner of Carpinteria and Quarantina, the corner building in a group of warehouse looking buildings called Railroad Square. There is no sign but I will have the door facing Carpinteria open. The address is 101 Carpinteria.

      Jill Littlewood
      jill@...

    • kkelly99@cox.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2011
        I would love to do this and plan to be there. Kristine Kelly