A call to all book artists!

  • elenamary
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2011
      Dear Al-Mutanabbi Street Poets, Printers, Book Artists, Writers, Artists, and friends of the project.

      We are in the last 60 days of our call to Book Artists and have signed on 169 participants as of this morning. Sarah and I want to make a maximum push in these last two months to bring our total to 200 participating book artists.

      So, if you are a writer, think about contacting an artist friend and collaborating on a book for the project.

      If you are a book artist, think about someone who should definitely be part of this project and send either Sarah or myself their email address and a way to look at their work.

      If you teach in the book arts world, bring in the very best of your students!!

      If you have been sitting on the fence and thinking about this for months, it's time to stop over analyzing, just join us.

      Here is a page that Sarah Bodman has created for this effort. http://artistbooks.ning.com/profiles/blogs/a-call-to-book-artists-an?xg_source=activity

      Sarah and I feel that finding 31 more great book artists in the next sixty days is next to impossible, and this is why we want to do it!!

      Help Us!!

      Each Book Artist will have one year from the day they join to complete their three books. Collaborations are more than welcome.

      All my best,
      Beau