Call for Entries in SLO

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2011
      Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 01:04:23 -0700
      From: Jules Davis <julesdada@...>
      Subject: Call For Entries - Artists' Books 2011 Exhibition - Cuesta College, San Luis Obispo, CA

      There has been a change to the original dates of this exhibition, but this
      is the last call. Posted on behalf of David Prochaska . . .

      Call for Entries

      Artists' Books 2011 Exhibition

      July 11 - August 26, 2011

      Cuesta College Art Gallery

      San Luis Obispo, CA 93403-8106

      Just a short introduction to the call for entries for "Artists' Books 2011",
      my name is David Prochaska; I am an instructor of fine art at Cuesta
      College, San Luis Obispo, California. Since 1999 I have organized an annual
      book arts exhibition, to expose our local community to the community of
      artists making books. These exhibitions have grown each year, both in the
      number of books exhibited, as well as the number of enthusiastic visitors to
      these installations. If you are looking to expose your artist books to a
      new and enthusiastic audience, then this is the exhibition for you.

      In these times of fiscal restraints, we are all aware of the limited funding
      accessible to the arts. At the same time we must, as artists, be aware of
      the need to build greater exposure to all art forms. For this reason we must
      continue to ask the artists contributing to these exhibitions to assist in
      the transportation of their books. (Mailing fees generally cost between $10
      to $20 dollars.) With no entry fee or other charges this is a small price to
      pay for the chance to get your books out to the people. The juror for
      year's exhibition will be the Cuesta College Book Arts students.

      This is a "hands on" exhibition! We want to encourage the visitors to
      interact with these book forms, so please send books you want people to
      interact with. We will provide gloves to the visitors to protect the books
      from any soiling. But again, we really do hope to build a willingness to
      interact with the books exhibited.

      The exhibition will display between 80-100 books, so your work will be in
      good company.

      To participate in "Artists' Books 2011", please write or e-mail me for a
      prospectus.

      David Prochaska
      Cuesta College
      Fine Arts Department
      P.O. Box 8106
      San Luis Obispo, CA 93403-8106

      Phone- (805)-546-3100ext.2756
      Email - dprochas@... <mailto:dprochas@...<dprochas@...>>

      Thank you for helping bring the books to the people. I look forward to
      hearing from you.