book arts classes in Santa Barbara - what do you want?

  • Sharon Engel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2011
      Great that you're doing this, Jill. I have no suggestions other than
      those you've mentioned for structures that can be done in a 2 hours
      class. However, there is a neat 2 signature binding that's quick and
      easy and impressive....don't know how to explain it to you. Also,
      there was a little book that we made at your house once that's fun.
      It was an accordian but it had cut outs that could turn from one side
      to the other (back to front) and it was glued onto boards for a hard
      cover. Guess these have to be pretty minimal/fast/easy. The appeal
      will have to be in the papers and content and accoutrements.
      Personally I love paste papers and I don't like tunnel books and pop-
      up...just my opinion.
      I passed your email on to the members of of my BookArts group and they
      are asking "where" and "cost" of the classes.
      Thanks,
      Sharon Engel