Call for entries: book arts show in Ventura

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2010
      Call to Artists

      It is time for Book Art again. Ines Monguio will be curator again of the
      Third Biannual Art of the Book show at Artist Union Gallery. All and any
      artist books may enter. We have had books in canvas, cloth, Tyvek,
      Plexiglas, organic materials, stone, coffee filters, and of course, paper.
      Sizes have ranged from miniscule (1" x 2") to huge (6' x 3.5'). Content has
      ranged from travel journals, abstracts with no text, to "The invisible man."
      There have been books encased in handmade paper, and "censorable" books with
      pages that could not be opened. Really, there are virtually no restrictions
      to book art.

      The juror will be announced later. Intake is scheduled Monday September 13
      from 4 to 7, and Tuesday September 14 from 9 to 12. Books may be mailed.
      Please contact the curator at monguio@... for further
      information. The show will go from September 18 through October 24, 2010.

      xxxxelena siff was going to do it but will be in the east coast till the
      15.... we'll see if she can chnage her plan. of not, i'll need a juror....