fabulous papermaker coming to California to teach in April

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2010
      I am enormously proud to be bringing Andrea Peterson to my studio to teach
      papermaking this April. I think of Andrea as a Living Treasure in the
      field of hand papermaking. She can teach almost anything in this field, be
      it how to grow a papermaking garden, how to do sculpture with high-shrinkage
      abaca, how to process fibers for Japanese papermaking, or how to paint with
      unbelievably rich colors of paper pulp. The latter is what she will be
      teaching in April. Here are the details:

      PAPER ON PAPER: Draw, Paint, & Stencil with Cotton Rag

      Taught by Andrea Peterson, in California, April, 2010

      This is an intensive workshop focusing on understanding and using pigments
      (wet and powdered) with a finely beaten cotton rag. Papermaking agents such
      as retention aid (dry and wet), sizing, and formation aid will assist in
      creating vibrant and fluid images. We will use a variety of tools that for
      drawing, painting and stenciling with the cotton rag onto a base sheet. This
      workshop is for the student at any level.

      Friday, April 9 - Sunday April 11 (Friday 6 - 9; Sat. & Sun. 10 - 4)

      Fee: $315 (all materials included) The full amount of $315 is required to
      reserve your spot. (The cut-off date to receive a full refund is March 9,
      2010. Cancellations after this will be refunded 50%)

      Checks made out to Littlewood Studios. Mail to: Jill Littlewood, 435 E.
      Pedregosa, Santa Barbara, CA. 93103 Questions? jill@... or
      call 805-448-2045

      Andrea Peterson is one of the most exciting and gifted teachers in the field
      of handmade paper. She is a fine printmaker as well as a papermaker. She
      has taught at Columbia College Chicago; the School of the Art Institute of
      Chicago; Oxbow; Scoula de Graphica in Venice, Italy; Dieu Donne; the Center
      for Book Arts in NYC; and Paper & Book Intensive at Arrowmont. She is on
      the Advisory Board of the Friends of Dard Hunter and is a member of the
      International Association of Papermakers and Paper Artists.