  • Marcia Moore
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2010
      Backspace Book Arts welcomes polymer clay artist Dayle Doroshow back
      to Los Angeles, March 6th and 7th 2010, for two new and exciting
      classes. Don't miss this opportunity to learn new techniques from
      one of the foremost polymer clay artists working in the country.
      Classes are $100 each, all materials and tools included, and are
      offered in sunny Santa Monica. Any questions, email or call
      310/722-9004.

      -Marcia

      The Amazing Wavy Ripple Blade - $100
      Saturday, March 6th 2010, 9am - 4pm

      This unique cutting tool is used for creating incredible designs
      using metallic polymer clay, stacks of thin sheets of colored clay
      and a multitude of random designs made from scrap and Millefiore
      canes and Mokume Gane designs. If this sounds like a foreign
      language to you- don’t worry, the tool is user friendly and the
      amazing techniques are easy to master and generate wondrous designs.
      We will also play with the Mica Shift in the metallic clays and you
      will have the opportunity to make jewelry and/ or book covers/collage
      elements with the rippled designs.

      Expressive Mask Vessels - $100
      Sunday, March 7th 2010, 9am - 4pm

      Let’s use African, Indonesian, and Asian masks as a starting point
      for creating a hanging vase that will hold dried flowers, potpourri
      or fresh flowers. We will start by looking at mask designs
      throughout history for our inspiration. Learn several surface
      techniques- transfers, carving and imprinting, colored clay designs,
      to create a fabric of clay that will then be cut up and easily built
      into a three-dimensional hanging vessel. The vessel will have many
      places to add mixed media touches- beads, charms, feathers, fabric,
      trims- that can dangle, be embedded, wrapped, or wired on to richly
      embellish the vessel.