Re: [bookartsconnection] REPLY TO LINDA

  • Linda Snook
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 8, 2002
      Thanks!

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 9, 2002
        I just received the flyer on "SO CALled Books: Diversity in Artists'
        Books from Southern California", the show curated by Gloria Helfgott.
        It will be in the lobby of the Young Research Library at UCLA from
        July 15-August 31. The opening reception is Friday, July 19, from
        6-8 pm. If you'd like to attend, RSVP to 310/825-1201. In addition,
        a panel discussion on current trends in artsits' books will be held
        Thursday, July 18 from 2-4 pm at GSEIS111. Panelists include LA book
        artist Susan King ("Redressing the Sixties," "(art) lessons a la
        mode," etc.), Stefan Kliman (art librarian and author of a book about
        book arts) and Edwina Leggett, owner of Califia Books in S.F. They
        hope to add a fourth panelist. If you want to attend, call Dawn
        Henney at 310/206-2868. Parking for both events is in Lot 3 and
        costs $7.

      • sally timlin
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 9, 2002
          Hi Linda,
          I hope Emily doesn't mind but I thought I'd respond to
          your posting since I took this class at the SF Center
          for the Book. I would say you should definitely have
          something in mind ...either a book to alter or a box
          which will incorporate both sound and light. Hooshang
          is a very nice teacher although he's not a book artist
          so be prepared to learn a great deal about electricity
          but not books. :o)
          Sally

          =====

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • Linda Snook
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 9, 2002
            Hi Sally,

            Thanks for your message. That is very helpful in terms
            of my conceptualization process! Excellent information.

            Best,
            Linda

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 9, 2002
              Just got the message that the class will be not so much about books but about electric wiring. i'm not as interested as i was before. sorry. but let me know if i am the eight.

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 9, 2002
                Hi Ines,
                Please don't let me scare you away from attending. I
                certainly found the information to be helpful as a
                book and assemblage artist and I had a fun time too!
                Sally

                =====

                http://sbc.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 10, 2002
                  Thanks, sally. i'm just affraid that i will dedicate a full weekend to a workshop and end up not wanting to use the info. time and energy are at such a premium lately! can't wait to retire.
                  From: sally timlin <artgirl68@...>
                  To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 8:32 PM

                  =====