Re: [bookartsconnection] Out of Bounds: an Altered Book Project

  • Tom and Judy
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2008
      Yes indeed. Thanks, Jill. Judy

      Jill Littlewood wrote:

      > A rich outpouring of ideas.
      >
      > http://www.rockport.lib.me.us/alteredbooks/index.htm
      > <http://www.rockport.lib.me.us/alteredbooks/index.htm> - the creative
      > works of art
      >
      > http://www.rockport.lib.me.us/OutofBoundsAlteredBookProject.php
      > <http://www.rockport.lib.me.us/OutofBoundsAlteredBookProject.php> - the
      > background on the project

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2008
        Hi all,

        I had a chance to stop at the Artists' Union Gallery in Ventura last
        Friday and really enjoyed the current exhibit "Art of the Book 2",
        curated by Inez Monguio. It includes many artists from both S.B. and
        Ventura counties. It's a wonderful display of many of the various
        forms "book arts" can take and gloves are provided so that artworks may
        be handled. The gallery is located on the beach side of the 101
        freeway, at 330 South California St., on the plaza beside the beach
        (across from the hotel). It is open Thu.-Sun. from noon-6 pm (-9 pm
        Fri. and Sat.). The show runs through October 14 and is definitely
        worth a visit!