Out of Bounds: an Altered Book Project

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2008
      A rich outpouring of ideas.

      http://www.rockport.lib.me.us/alteredbooks/index.htm - the creative
      works of art

      http://www.rockport.lib.me.us/OutofBoundsAlteredBookProject.php - the
      background on the project

    • Tom and Judy
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 2008
        Yes indeed. Thanks, Jill. Judy

        Jill Littlewood wrote:

        > A rich outpouring of ideas.
        >
        > http://www.rockport.lib.me.us/alteredbooks/index.htm
        > <http://www.rockport.lib.me.us/alteredbooks/index.htm> - the creative
        > works of art
        >
        > http://www.rockport.lib.me.us/OutofBoundsAlteredBookProject.php
        > <http://www.rockport.lib.me.us/OutofBoundsAlteredBookProject.php> - the
        > background on the project

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 17, 2008
          Hi all,

          I had a chance to stop at the Artists' Union Gallery in Ventura last
          Friday and really enjoyed the current exhibit "Art of the Book 2",
          curated by Inez Monguio. It includes many artists from both S.B. and
          Ventura counties. It's a wonderful display of many of the various
          forms "book arts" can take and gloves are provided so that artworks may
          be handled. The gallery is located on the beach side of the 101
          freeway, at 330 South California St., on the plaza beside the beach
          (across from the hotel). It is open Thu.-Sun. from noon-6 pm (-9 pm
          Fri. and Sat.). The show runs through October 14 and is definitely
          worth a visit!