paper making supplies

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2008
      Hi Elena and everyone,

      If you go to the website for the Friends of Dard Hunter listed below and
      click on links in the upper right hand corner it will give you the web
      addresses for the best papermaking supply houses. Carriage House is
      excellent, Twinrocker is also, and David Reina Designs is where you want to
      look for sturdy studio equipment. Two places not mentioned are Magnolia
      Editions, the only west coast supplier of papermaking materials and
      equipment; and Mark Lander who makes the only Hollander Beater under $2,000
      - I think his original model, the "Critter" goes for around $1,000. (There
      is a yahoo group about Hollander Beaters and they mostly discuss his various
      models. )

      I am glad the papermaking bug has caught you. Now you can join the Friends,
      where I will probably be moving from VP of the annual conference to being
      President as of October. This year we meet in Hawaii at a fabulous place -
      see the Friends website for details. Next year the conference is in
      Atlanta, at the American Museum of Papermaking. This is where the
      collection of papermaking artifacts brought back by Dard Hunter from his
      travels around the world are housed and displayed.

      Hand Papermaking magazine is a beautiful and informative magazine - also
      listed on the website. One part has all the information about shows,
      internships, galleries, residencies, etc. The other part is a magazine you
      never throw away because the depth of the information in the articles is
      extraordinary and is always relevant.

      See you soon -

      VP Annual Meetings for the Friends of Dard Hunter, Inc.

      Jill@...

      435 E. Pedregosa

      Santa Barbara, CA, 93103

      (805) 898-9260 (home)