paper dresses, cutting, vessels

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2008
      I've come across these recently:

      http://www.jenniferfalcklinssen.com/ This is katagami made into vessels.
      Her work is showing now in LA at the Craft and Folk Art Museum

      Violise Lunn is a Danish fashion designer who makes dresses and shoes in
      paper. Google her name and go to images.

      Swoon is a street artist who does life size cut outs of figures. This is
      another instance when googling the name and going to images will yield
      results fast. I love the installation of cut out panels that fills a room:
      <http://www.deitch.com/artists/sub.php?artistId=31>
      www.deitch.com/artists/sub.php?artistId=31

      VP Annual Meetings for the Friends of Dard Hunter, Inc.

      Jill@...

      435 E. Pedregosa

      Santa Barbara, CA, 93103

      (805) 898-9260 (home)

      (805) 448-2045 (cell)

      (805) 898-0703 (fax)

      www.friendsofdardhunter.org

      Kona, Hawaii, October 23 -26, 2008

    • rosequeen48
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 18, 2008
        --- In bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com, "Jill Littlewood"
        <jill@...> wrote:

        > I've come across these recently:
        >

        > http://www.jenniferfalcklinssen.com/ This is katagami made into
        vessels.
        > Her work is showing now in LA at the Craft and Folk Art Museum

        Thank you so much for posting this, Jill -- I completely missed the
        L.A. Times article about this exhibit and would have missed it
        otherwise! Your links are always so wide-ranging and interesting, and
        I really appreciate your consistently sharing them with the rest of us!