I'm going - anyone else want to go?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2008
      Joan Michaels Paque, Free Lecture
      April 18, 2008, 7:30 pm
      Athenaeum Music & Arts Library, 1008 Wall Street, La Jolla

      Joan Michaels Paque is a multi-media artist who has exhibited and taught
      internationally throughout Australia, Japan, Europe, Mexico, Canada and the
      United States. She studied at Layton School of Art and Marquette University
      on scholarship. This experience was a foundation for applications in both
      literary and visual art forms including the authoring and publishing of
      three books and writing for art journals. Her artworks are found in many
      prestigious public and private collections.

      Joan Michaels Paque, Workshop, Creative Journey: 3D Paper Arts (Books, Boxes
      and More)
      April 19, 20, 2008, 9:00 am-4:00 pm
      Pat D'Arrigo ARTS Center, 2820 Roosevelt Road, Suite 106, Liberty Station
      $125.00 members, $165.00 non-members

      This hands-on Paper Arts course includes both traditional and innovative
      building and binding techniques. Among methods introduced are sewn, woven,
      interlocking, pop-up, origami and kinetic structures. The use of both
      conventional and unorthodox materials is illustrated along with creative
      concepts, ideas and applications. Architectural and engineering principles
      are explored along with expedient and simplified methods of working.
      Participants will make prototypes and maquette studies that are applicable
      in 2D and 3D for later adaptation into media, material and technique of
      choice. Emphasis is on kinetic structures. Instructor's non intimidating,
      enjoyable methods encourage an empirical, problem solving approach and
      individual style development.
      Joan Michaels Paque includes the results of her research, development and
      experimentation with complex pleat and twist folds and tessellations that
      resulted in a series of unique sculptural kinetic books. Course content, for
      both the serious and the curious, is also applicable in the fine and graphic
      arts, sculpture and in teaching.
      For more information about Joan Michaels Paque, visit her Web site at
      <http://www.joanmichaels.paque> www.joanmichaels.paque.com. Photos of her
      work may be seen at <http://www.flickr.com/photos/83855901@N00/>
      www.flickr.com/photos/83855901@N00/.

      Jill Littlewood

      VP Annual Meetings for the Friends of Dard Hunter, Inc.

      Jill@...

      435 E. Pedregosa

      Santa Barbara, CA, 93103

      (805) 898-9260 (home)

      (805) 448-2045 (cell)

      (805) 898-0703 (fax)

      www.friendsofdardhunter.org

      Kona, Hawaii, October 23 -26, 2008

    • askengel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2008
        Wow! Good for you!
        You go and come back and teach us "complex pleat and twist folds and
        tessellations."
        Sound like fun.
        Sharon

      • Marcia Moore
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2008
          Hi Jill, I heard Joan Michaels Paque speak a couple of years ago at
          the Goudy Lecture at Scripps College hosted by Kitty Maryatt. She was
          wonderful. Her work is exceptional and very exciting, if not somewhat
          daunting. Enjoy, Marcia