Chuck Close watermark

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2008
      I’m not sure if Yahoo groups will support the chiaroscuro image made by
      Chuck Close in paper – a riveting example of how beautiful watermarks can
      be. If the image doesn’t come through and you are interested, go to
      <http://www.dieudonne.org/> http://www.dieudonne.org/ and click on artists.
      The watermark is the face in grey in the upper left hand side – but by now
      we all know what Chuck Close looks like.

      I am in Hawaii doing a site check for the Friends of Dard Hunter – our
      annual conference is in October as listed below. Today I communed with a
      green sea turtle about 2 feet away from me; it was munching algae, I was
      drawing the patterns of its reptile skin. Every once in awhile it would
      lift its head and spit out a little water, looking directly at me without so
      much as an iota of interest. The strange beak, made of what looks like
      fingernail material, seemed prehistoric in its simplicity and crude
      usefulness. Good for tearing algae apparently, since all the sea turtles I
      see are healthy looking. They bask on the lava and roll about in the sea
      among the brightly colored fish. At night the moray eels come out and
      slither among the rocks, which are lit up by lights from our hotel. The air
      is balmy, the flowers gaudy, the trees and vines duke it out to see who will
      get the sun.

      It really is bewitching here.

      VP Annual Meetings for the Friends of Dard Hunter, Inc.

      Jill@...

      435 E. Pedregosa

      Santa Barbara, CA, 93103

      (805) 898-9260 (home)