To all book artists giving me miniature books for the Atascadero Library!

  • elena mary siff
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2007
      To artists in Ventura or Santa Barbara or Lompoc, please get your
      books to Jill Littlewood by June 15th. or contact me for other
      arrangements. I will be installing the books in the library case on
      June 30th. Artists in the SLO area can you drop off your books at the
      library before June 30th? Please make small standing labels to be
      placed next to each book with your name, title of book and contact
      info. like a website or email address. Books can be for sale but an
      interested party would need to contact you directly. Library cannot
      handle any sales...Each artist can have 2 or 3 miniature books..no
      larger than 5" in any direction...light books can also hang from the
      wall of the case...think visually about the book as object...the more
      variety of book shapes the better! Ideally this will be like a
      "cabinet of curiousities" with lots of interestingly shaped books.
      Anyone up for designing a simple announcement that I can xerox? There
      is no budget for an elegant anouncement.
      The exhibition will be up all of July and August with returns in early
      Sept. There will be a reception at the library on August 18th from 1
      to 3pm with the Atascadero Art Association and you can bring larger
      books to display at the reception...they will provide tables for
      display and refreshments. Their painting show will open that day so
      we are sharing the reception with them. Any questions, please contact
      me...Thank you, Elena