July/August book exhibition at the Atascadero Public Library

  • elena mary siff
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2007
      Most of the details have been worked out for this 2 month mini-exhibition ...Now I just
      need Tri-County book artists to contact me about your participation and if anyone knows
      book artists in SLO County please let me know contact info. so I can invite them...email me
      regarding your participation, please!
      DETAILS: There is a lighted case in the library which we have for the months of July and
      August. The case is 48"wide 58"tall 16" deep There are 3 full width/length glass shelves
      which are adustable and one half shelf 24"X16" My thought is to display 20 to 30 small
      scale books..perhaps 8 to 10 books per shelf. Light hanging books can also be displayed
      from the back wall of the case. If you have small scale books ... I am thinking max. size 5
      inches in any direction...or would like to create one or two for the exhibition please let me
      know asap. Participants must provide a free standing label which would be displayed next
      to your book with your name, book title and contact info. like website or email address.]
      There will be a reception for our books organized by the Atascadero Art Association on
      August 18 from 1 to 3 pm in the community room of the library. They have invited us to
      participate in this reception with their members who will be displaying their work on the
      walls. For the reception we have been invited to bring more books ..any size...and display
      them on 3 tables..28" X6 feet so I do hope some of you can attend and bring larger books
      for this event. The Art Assoc. would like some jpeg images and a statement about the
      Book Arts Connection by late June so they can get a press release to the media about our
      exhibition. I will be going to install the books in the case on June 30 so please contact me
      as soon as you can... I envision a cabinet of wonders for the case...I hope at least 20
      artists will contact me.
      Cheers! Elena