Rory Golden Returns to LA

  • Marcia Moore
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2007
      Rory Golden returns to Los Angeles on May 20 to teach the beautiful
      technique of paste decorated papers. This class is a wonderful way to
      create a personal collection of papers to use in books, collage and
      other artistic endeavors. There is nothing quite like a beautiful
      piece of paper to get the creative juices flowing. Join Us. No
      experience necessary.
      Marcia
      Info at 310-722-9004

      Two Sided Paste Papers
      Sunday, May 20 2007
      10-5
      $95 - All materials and most tools provided
      Paste papers developed in 18th Century Germany, have much potential
      beyond their traditional use as decorative papers for book and box
      covers and end sheets. In this workshop we will learn and then expand
      upon basic techniques for creating colorful patterned papers. We will
      create “two-sided” papers using handmade mulberry paper for use in
      subsequent art projects.

      Supplies:

      Each student needs to bring:
      3 - 5 small containers (yoghurt or other lidded cup) for adhesive and
      paint,
      bone (and/or teflon) folder,
      ruler and/or small T-square,
      disposable (or not) muffin or cupcake tray for mixing colors
      notebook and pen/pencil for note taking.
      A few collage items
      Favorite drawing materials (pencils, colored pencils, Berol crayons
      etc.)
      If you don't have some or all of these tools there will be plenty to
      share
      Lunch/snacks/drinks

      Marcia Moore
      marcia@...