are we up for a party?

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2007
      I am feeling very isolated from all you book folk and would be happy to host
      a party on this theme at my house.

      Who is out there? Who reads this? Who would come? Are there other
      groups/people we could invite?

      It would be nice to celebrate book arts in this town - I would like to think
      about us having a show sometime, somewhere. We could talk over book cakes.
      Or not - just talk and socialize.

      Jill

      _____

      Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 23:31:59 -0800

      From: "umbrella@..." <umbrella@...>

      Subject: 8th Edible Book Festival

      It's just two weeks away from the 8th Annual Edible Book Festival all over
      the world. Starting on the 1st of April and various versions throughout the
      month of April, this is the biggest event so far! If you are planning an
      event on April First or later, please register at www.books2eat.com and tell
      us your coordinates--when, where, and be sure to document it and send us
      your images!

      Thanks to everyone for participating in this delicious event!

      Judith A. Hoffberg & Beatrice Coron

      Danielle Shelton is our liaison now !

    • askengel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2007
        Hi Jill,
        That sounds great to me. We used to meet rather regularly...what happened?
        I'm more than interested in meeting again.
        Thanks for taking the initiative.
        Sharon Engel

      • Tom and Judy
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 21, 2007
          Jill,

          I still read the boookatrs e-mails and some of them are interesting and
          a little bit useful.....maybe someday I will use a technique or two.
          However, I am not making books..........maybe one or two a year for
          gifts. I'm not sure where I'm headed, but I do not have the passion you
          and others have for bookart. I'm glad I explored the concepts (and met
          you), but other than reading the e-mails and attending a show now and
          then, I do not have much to offer a group. I appreciate the art form,
          and enjoy seeing the works that others have created.

          I am trying very hard to take a lesson from you and not add anything
          else to my spring calendar. So thanks for the invitation to a party,
          but I will pass. Judy