papermaking this summer

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2007
      .

      BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1MTc3MjYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYzNjk3BG1zZ0lkAzE0MDME
      c2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTE3MzI1ODQ5MQ--> papermaking workshop at
      Lake Tahoe this summer

      Posted by: "Jane Ingram Allen"
      <mailto:janeingramallen@...?Subject=%20Re%3Apapermaking%20workshop%20a
      t%20Lake%20Tahoe%20this%20summer> janeingramallen@...
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/janeingramallen> janeingramallen

      Tue Mar 6, 2007 8:07 pm (PST)

      Announcing a summer workshop in papermaking art at
      beautiful Lake Tahoe!

      "Papermaking with Plants - Anytime, Anywhere, Anyhow!
      -
      Jane Ingram Allen, instructor
      July 9 - 13, 2007
      Sierra Nevada College, Incline Village, Nevada

      This is a 5-day intensive workshop on papermaking art
      using local plants and equipment that can be found
      anywhere. You will learn the whole process from what
      plants to pick, to cooking, beating, sheet forming in
      Western and Asian methods and creating art with the
      handmade paper.

      The Summer Visiting Artists Workshops are open to all
      and can be taken for credit or non-credit. Campus
      housing is also available. For registration and
      complete details see the website at
      <http://www.sierranevada.edu/snc/academic/vpa/summerart/workshops.html>
      http://www.sierranevada.edu/snc/academic/vpa/summerart/workshops.html

      During the workshop, I will be sharing my experiences
      as a Fulbright artist in residence in Taiwan as well
      as working with botanical gardens, nature
      organizations and art centers there and in other
      countries such as Japan, Nepal, the Philippines,
      Brazil and the USA. Beginners and experienced
      papermakers can join this class for an in-depth
      immersion in the art of hand papermaking using
      materials from nature. The beautiful Lake Tahoe
      environment and the scenic campus of Sierra Nevada
      College will provide numerous interesting materials
      and inspiration for our work.

      Please pass this information on to anyone who might be
      interested. I will be happy to answer any questions
      about the workshop. I look forward to your joining us
      for an enjoyable papermaking art experience at Lake
      Tahoe in July!

      Thank you and hope to hear from you.

      Best wishes,
      Jane