FW: Sew Somerset

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2007
      _____

      From: Jenny Doh [mailto:jdoh@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 9:05 AM
      To: Jenny Doh
      Subject: Sew Somerset

      Somerset Studio presents a new special publication:
      Sew Somerset
      The Art of Creative Sewing & Mixed-Media
      Call for Artwork

      More than ever before, artists are discovering the joy of combining sewing
      with mixed-media projects, as artists recognize that stitches are not
      limited just to fabrics. Machine stitching can be added to almost anything
      including paper, transparencies, fabric, batting, canvas, foil, paper bags,
      kraft paper, and so much more. For those who choose to work with more
      durable materials like wood, metal and clay, stitches can also be added, but
      usually by hand.

      Whether you sew by hand or machine, we invite you submit your most
      innovative and imaginative art projects that incorporate sewing, for this
      brand new special publication. Some project ideas include:

      * Scrapbook layouts
      * Art quilts
      * Greeting cards
      * ATCs
      * Altered books
      * Art journals
      * Art jewelry
      * Wall hangings
      * Collages

      Sew Somerset will feature projects of the highest caliber that Somerset
      Studio is known for . projects that will surely take your breath away .
      projects that will look "So Somerset!"

      In this 144-page publication, you will find beautiful photographs,
      easy-to-understand techniques, and a bounty of tips, ideas and inspiration.
      Sew Somerset will help you learn how to add stitches of varied lengths,
      sizes, colors, and dimension into your next art projects. This publication
      will be on newsstands October 1, 2007.

      Please send submissions no later than May 15, 2007 to:

      Jenny Doh
      c/o Sew Somerset
      22992 Mill Creek, Suite B
      Laguna Hills, CA 92653

      For detailed information on our submission guidelines, please visit our Web
      site at www.stampington.com <http://www.stampington.com>
      <http://www.stampington.com> . If after you have read submission guidelines
      you have additional questions, please contact Associate Editor, Amanda Nolan
      at anolan@....