equipment for sale

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2006
      Demos Petropoulos was a book binder when the Franciscans had a bindery in the basement of the monestary. He has three different book presses for sale:

      one has a 12" X10" platen and has 28" daylight: this one has nipping boards so you can do a number of books at one time

      two is the screw type you more commonly see: the daylight is smaller since this was actually an early copy machine and has been adapted for bookbinding. The platen for this is 12" X 71/2"

      three is a small press of a type I have never seen. The metal platens attach to an iron pipe.

      He is asking $525 for all three pieces. If you are interested, please call him at home at 683-1061.

      If Demos has not sold these pieces by December 2nd I told him he could put them on display at my studio that day. There will be a lot of people coming and going because I am hosting a Christmas sale for RAWA. (Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan) and there will be a number of other vendors as well (one friend is opening two bales of kimonos for sale), various muscians playing, a bake sale, etc.

      Jill Littlewood
      435 E. Pedregosa
      Santa Barbara, CA 93103
      805-898-9260

      I am a few blocks south of the Old Mission. The closest big cross street is Laguna.