Great local book show!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2006
      The Art of the Book is opening tomorrow night from 6-9 at the Artists' Union Gallery in Ventura. I was there hanging the show last night and I can tell you Ines Monguio has done a wonderful job of encouraging artists to send work and the gallery is showing them in style. It is rare to have a show of artists' books in this area - it is a special treat when the work is as varied and interesting as what I saw last night.

      The show runs from August 26 to September 24. The gallery is located in Ventura where California Street deadends at the beach. The closest exit from Santa Barbara is Ventura Blvd. Exit 101, go right on Thompson about 5 blocks, right on California, and park in the public lot just to the left where the street ends. The gallery is across from the Crowne Plaza hotel. The gallery is open Thursday & Sunday 12-6; Friday & Saturday 12-9. www.venturaartistsunion.org