Art Clinic classes

  • sydmcutcheon
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2006
      I thought there might be soneone out there that would be interested to know that we are
      teaching our workshops again. Here is what we are up to:

      The Art Clinic...formally Athena's Rumpus...is teaching another altered book class. Join
      artists Carol Kemp and Syd McCutcheon, in a fun filled day of turning a discarded book
      into a visual journal. Along the way you will learn some image transfer techniques, pop up
      pages and pocket ideas. You will pick up simple painting techniques too using Golden's
      fluid acrylics.
      The fee is $85. which includes all materials except your scissors. The class is Sat. Sept.
      9th 9 til 4 at the Los Olivos Grange...next to the park at the flag pole. Contact Carol 737
      -0310 or Syd 688-6860 to sign up.
      Deadline Sept. 2.

      ALSO ...
      Join the fun and magic of working with Metal Clay Saturday, September 16, 2006, from 9:
      00 AM – 4:00 PM at the Los Olivos Grange, Alamo Pintado Avenue, Los Olivos
      Cost: $90.00 which includes cost of Metal Clay.
      Call Carol Kemp by September 2, 2006. so I can order materials. 805 737 0310
      Bring your lunch and water.

      Metal Clay is 99.9% Pure Fine Silver which has been finely ground and mixed with an
      organic binder which produces a clay-like material.  When fired, the binder burns away
      and the silver solidifies.  This clay can be sculpted, carved, stamped, cast, virtually
      manipulated anyway that you can work traditional clay.  If you have a desire to create
      beautiful pieces in silver without the need for a silversmith's tools or experience.

      Beads and findings will be available for you to complete a necklace, bracelet or earrings at
      an additional cost.

      Open Studio available for individuals who have attended my introductory class for Metal
      Clay.  The studio cost is $25.00 plus the cost of the silver clay.