10th Anniversary Exhibition in S.F.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2006
      Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:47:30 -0700
      From: Susan Angebranndt <susan@...>
      Subject: X Libris: SFCB's 10th-Anniversary Exhibition (San Francisco)

      At the San Francisco Center for the Book on Friday Jul 28, 2006, 5-9pm

      Opening for X Libris: SFCB's 10th-Anniversary Exhibition

      In 10 years, the San Francisco Center for the Book has become a crossroads
      where thousands have learned to love both the art of the book and the
      search for the essence of the book. The books shown in the Center's gallery
      over the past decade--almost 2,000 in over 50 exhibitions--demonstrate that
      the art of the book forms an intersection between creators and readers.
      Like an ongoing search for the X on a treasure map, the book arts community
      scrutinizes, discusses and creates an eXponential number of books. Because
      we want to celebrate the outpouring of creativity in the Bay Area's book
      arts community and throughout the world, X-Libris showcases work that
      crosses boundaries and disciplines, reaffirming yet challenging assumptions
      about the definition and scope of the book. We look forward to the next 10
      years!

      More about the exhibition can be found at http://www.sfcb.org/html/xlibris.html

      Directions to the Center are available at
      http://www.sfcb.org/html/location.html