Re: [bookartsconnection] Repairing old bindings

  • Kristine Kelly
    Message 1 of 8 , May 17, 2006
      I know a professional bookbinder in Santa Barbara. I used to recommend her when I worked at Chaucer's and everyone was pleased with the results. her name is June Kelley and her phone number is 687-7234.
      She also knows of a bookbinder in Lompoc. The business is called the New Leaf Bookbindery and the number is 735-6228. I hope this helps,
      Kristine Kelly
      Message 2 of 8 , May 17, 2006
        Thanks so much, Jill and Kristine, for the quick responses. I'll
        forward them to my friend Sybil.

        pam.maines@...
      • Sara Norquay
        Message 3 of 8 , May 20, 2006
          This summer Sara Norquay is offering a printmaking class on Saturdays
          12:30-3:30 beginning June 10th and continuing for 6 weeks at the Schott
          Center (Adult Ed) print room (23).

          The class will be a combo printmaking survey and introductory artist�s book
          course. Three printmaking processes will be introduced and the artist may
          then choose one of the three processes for an artist�s book.

          A $40 materials fee includes paper, plates, ink, and tools. Please be on
          time for the very first class.

          Looking forward to seeing you there!
        • lifsart
          Message 4 of 8 , May 20, 2006
            Are one of the techniques solar printing? Thanks, Carolk.

            This summer Sara Norquay is offering a printmaking class on Saturdays
            12:30-3:30 beginning June 10th and continuing for 6 weeks at the Schott
            Center (Adult Ed) print room (23).

            The class will be a combo printmaking survey and introductory artist's
            book
            course. Three printmaking processes will be introduced and the artist
            may
            then choose one of the three processes for an artist's book.

            A $40 materials fee includes paper, plates, ink, and tools. Please be on

            time for the very first class.

            Looking forward to seeing you there!

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Sara Norquay
            Message 5 of 8 , May 21, 2006
              Yes, the three techniques will be relief, dry point and solar etching.

              Sara