digitizing the world's books

    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2006
      A long article in the NYT Magazine about the current state of
      projects for digitizing the world's books:
      http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/14/magazine/14publishing.html
      titled Scan This Book! by KEVIN KELLY.

      "Despite the opposition of publishers and their lawyers, the world's
      texts are being electronically copied, digitized, searched and
      linked. And everything we thought we knew about books is going to
      change."

      Lots to think about.