call; copyright

    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2006
      CALL FOR ARTISTS:

      The Art Interview - 5th International Online Artist Competition will
      be open for entries from April 1st to July 31st. The competition is a
      quarterly, international, juried exhibition of paintings, drawings
      and sculptures in any medium. It is open to all living artists
      worldwide aged 16 and up. A European gallery exhibition and a total
      of ? 17,000 in cash may be awarded each quarter to the first, second
      and third place winners. First place winners receive up to ? 10,000
      plus a featured interview in Art Interview Online Magazine.

      The competition is run completely over the Internet, which
      eliminates the need for you to send slides or arrange for physical
      transportation of your artworks. Gain international recognition for
      your artwork and be interviewed along with the world's top artists,
      curators and gallery owners in Art Interview Online Magazine.

      Read more information on the competition and how to enter it at
      www.art-interview.com!

      2------------Copyright

      What is the typical cost range for a use fee?

      How much information should be included in a letter requesting
      permission
      from a publisher?

      Do you include information in the request letter on the intended
      market for
      the completed pieces? (For example, if I plan to make an original
      work from
      which I will have 500 prints made and then sell the prints through
      various
      local gift shop vendors, does the publisher need to know that plan?
      Do they
      need to know the specifics on the intended shops?)

      Do I have to provide any sort of mock-up or description of the
      calligraphy
      piece I have planned?

      If the calligraphy piece using the copyrighted text is a commissioned
      work
      for an individual, do you state the name of your client?

      What is a typical turn-around time for hearing "yes or no" from a
      publisher?
      Kate

      --
      I have just been through a six-week-long "task" of trying to get
      copyright

      As of this date, I've received permission to use "two" of the quotes and
      they are "not" charging a fee for using these. They do not want to
      see rough
      drafts, nor see the final product.

      I am still waiting to hear back about the other two quotes. Based on
      this
      experience, it would seem you should expect at least 2-3 months to get
      copyright permission.

      I gave them "all" the information in my initial message. I told them
      how we
      would use it, how many tote bags we would have made, the way we would be
      selling these, the name and address of our guild, the name of the
      person who
      would be doing the calligraphy, and how we would have it printed.
      Wilma

    • Sara Norquay
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2007
        This coming weekend there are three printmaking
        classes you can sign up for:

        On Friday evenings from 5 to 8, Sara Norquay is
        teaching a basic printmaking class that is perfect for
        book aritsts or people who want to work small, or who
        have never done any relief prints, collagraphs, dry
        points, stencils, or photocopy transfers before. It is
        a seven week class that will get you launched into
        printmaking with small projects and plenty of
        materials to experiment with. Materials fee is $40.

        On Saturday mornings (for 7 weeks) from 9 to 12,
        Elaine LeVasseur and Sara Norquay will operate a
        studio session for experienced printmakers who want to
        work independently. No specific lessons will be taught
        - just assistance when asked for. You must bring your
        own paper and ink. We will provide the setup, tools,
        newsprint and encouragement. Classroom usage fee $15.

        Please note that the Saturday morning studio session
        is being offered to accommodate those of you who have
        come to the Solarplate class in the past and are now
        working independently.

        On Saturday afternoons (for 7 weeks) from 1 to 4pm,
        Sara Norquay will be teaching the Solarplate safe
        printmaking class as per usual. Material fee is $45.

      • Mavis Hansen
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12, 2007
          Thanks for the info I will be there on Friday. Mavis
          Please change my email address to mavishansen@...