paper sale

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
      Book Arts Connection -

      I thought you might like to know about the closing of the Tullis studio and also Elaine's offer of this paper. It is usually $4.62 a sheet so her price is fantastic. Elaine's email address is elaine@....

      Jill

      Dear Friends, and friends of friends,

      As you may have heard, Richard Tullis is closing his Santa Barbara studio due to high rent. He is considering relocating very far away and therefore must sell presses, paper, art and equipment. He has generously agreed to sell his fantastic hydraulic press to SBCC's Adult Education Printmaking Program for a very low price. But. We also have to pay to move it and must move it by the end of March.

      Here are two ways you can help.

      Make a donation. Send a tax deductible check made out to The Foundation for SBCC. Write "Printmaking Press Fund" on the Memo Line. Send the check to me, Elaine LeVasseur, 468 Paseo Del Descanso, Santa Barbara, CA

      Buy a package of paper. Pick it up at the Schott Center during a print class. Buy a one hundred sheet package of Somerset rag paper for the low price of $220. (Split a package amongst friends.) Just contact me, Elaine LeVasseur, via email or by phone 569-0246.

      FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. THERE ARE A LIMITED NUMBER OF PACKAGES.

      This is beautiful paper, made in England is available in bright white, soft white, or cream (a lighter, less yellow version of Arches Buff.) It has two deckles, two torn edges and is mouldmade.

      Somerset Textured , 22 x 30, 250gm m2, two deckles and two torn edges (standard for mouldmade) It has a slight texture, less than Arches Cover, more than BFK. We have been using it exclusively for Solarplate printing for the past two years and used it for the Millennium Printmaking Project Print-In at CAF (Contemporary Arts Forum.) It is wonderful for water or oil based monoprints, etching and aquatints, silk screening, lithography, and all kinds of drawing, including charcoal.

      You can see what others charge for this at danielsmith.com ($305 per package, free shipping) or graphicchemical ($260 per pack, plus shipping from Illinois, but it is a slightly lighter weight, 240 gm/m2.)

      ALSO AVAILABLE IS 29 x 44 paper. Please let me know if you are interested via return email.

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Anyone who buys a package of this rag paper can get a second package for a discount. Just reply to this message.

      We still have some paper to sell. There is a good discount available if you buy for your art department including grade schools. This paper will go through digital printers that take canvas or other custom papers.

      It is excellent for drawing, erases very well, like BFK. And can be soaked several times for multi-drop monoprints.

      I can hold a few packs for a few weeks or so if you need time to arrange payments from your schools.

      Elaine L.

    • askengel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
        If anyone wants to split a package of the Somerset paper,
        I'd like to have a half package.
        Thanks, Sharon Engel

      • lifsart
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1 9:10 PM
          Dear Sharon, I'm interested in sharing a package with you. Carol Kemp
          737-0310

          If anyone wants to split a package of the Somerset paper,
          I'd like to have a half package.
          Thanks, Sharon Engel

          Graphic
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Graphic+design&w1=Graphic+design&w2
          =Design+book&w3=Book+design&w4=Book+cover+design&w5=Book&w6=Fine+art+boo
          k&c=6&s=106&.sig=mSh0tqa077JRA-5TBJODzQ> design
          Design
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Design+book&w1=Graphic+design&w2=De
          sign+book&w3=Book+design&w4=Book+cover+design&w5=Book&w6=Fine+art+book&c
          =6&s=106&.sig=19CdF56xX9n2CVZdj_oNyw> book
          Book
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Book+design&w1=Graphic+design&w2=De
          sign+book&w3=Book+design&w4=Book+cover+design&w5=Book&w6=Fine+art+book&c
          =6&s=106&.sig=QSB3WHDJvqVUKUDgbC7cMg> design

          Book
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Book+cover+design&w1=Graphic+design
          &w2=Design+book&w3=Book+design&w4=Book+cover+design&w5=Book&w6=Fine+art+
          book&c=6&s=106&.sig=UptCmDaov2ztKDc3eK9QSQ> cover design
          Book
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Book&w1=Graphic+design&w2=Design+bo
          ok&w3=Book+design&w4=Book+cover+design&w5=Book&w6=Fine+art+book&c=6&s=10
          6&.sig=x9Sd7H8dZtnj_QmkXhQ63A>
          Fine
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fine+art+book&w1=Graphic+design&w2=
          Design+book&w3=Book+design&w4=Book+cover+design&w5=Book&w6=Fine+art+book
          &c=6&s=106&.sig=25pQv3t4FjBPEu8x1cJmEQ> art book

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "bookartsconnection
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bookartsconnection> " on the web.