Women's Studio Workshop

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2005
      I got this from one of my papermaking list-servs. Jill

      I just saw a great show called "from Seed to Sheet" that is the result
      of an ongoing project run by the Womens Studio Workshop in Rosendale
      NY. The project is called the ArtFarm project and they are growing
      non-traditional fibers to experiment with papermaking. I emailed them
      to see if the show was going to be anywhere else in the country but
      unfortunately the show here in NJ was the last!! They have a website :
      http://wsworkshop.org/ about/prog artfarm.htm
      I was hoping that there would be detailed info at the website
      (thinking that it might be helpful to Pru!!) but it's just an
      overview, but still worth viewing.
      Judy
      Lawrenceville NJ

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2005
        If you happen to be headed to San Francisco next weekend or during
        the holidays, the SF Center for the Book (300 De Haro St. at 16th
        St.) has its Holiday Fair on Sat., Dec. 10. In addition, Pacific
        Center for the Book Arts will open its 2nd annual Calendar Show on
        Dec. 9 from 6-9 pm, with a sale and reception, and the calendars will
        remain on exhibit through January 27. See www.sfcb.org and
        www.pcba.info for more info.

        The PCBA member show, always a good one, opens at the SF Public
        Library with a reception on January 19, and the annual Book Arts and
        Printers' Fair is scheduled for April 8 at Fort Mason. Lots of fun
        books and materials are available at really reasonable prices.

        Also, I recently went to the annual Faculty Art Exhibition at Scripps
        College for an artist's talk by Kitty Maryatt, whose three large book
        sculptures (made using beautiful Japanese paper) are fabulous. The
        exhibit is open Wed-Sun. 1-5 pm through Dec. 18 at the Ruth Chandler
        Williamson Gallery at 11th and Columbia in Claremont. More info is
        available at www.scrippscollege.edu.

        Best wishes for a happy, healthy holiday season to all of you!

        pam.maines@...