Society of Calligraphers Conference

  • rosequeen48
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2005
      Feb 16-19, 2006. Letters California Style. The Society for
      Calligraphy, Southern California presents the First Annual "Member's"
      Conference, Thur-Sun, Kellogg West Conference Center and Lodge,
      Pomona, CA. Classes:

      Lisa Engelbrecht Fun with Romans, Instructors and classes: Randy
      Hasson Text and Texture: Layered Journal Book. Carrie Imai Neuland,
      Cuneiform & Beyond. Carol Pallesen Monoline-O-Mania. Dick Pio
      Clamshell Box with a Case Bound Book. Jane Shibata Drawn Letterforms
      With Colored Pencil Techniques. DeAnn Singh Beginning Italic/Refining
      Italic. Peter Thornton. Traditional and Contemporary Gilding. Mark Van
      Stone From Roman to Medieval Times: Traditional Manuscript Hands.
      Cost: $650 or $825 (single occupancy) includes your instruction,
      meals, and lodging. Add $42 if you are not a SofC member. More info:
      DeAnn Singh: DeScribe25@.... www.societyforcalligraphy.com.

      A John Neal Books supply, book and fine paper store will be set up at
      the conference for both participants and visitors. Some evening
      programs will be open to the public as well.
    • askengel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2005
        I've signed up for "Letters California Style"
        Anyone else from this area going?
        Sharon Engel
        Ojai

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 25, 2005
          Sharon-

          I was tempted but it seems you are getting one instructor for the whole
          time. Is this your impression?