more this and that

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2005
      http://beatricecoron.com/kostner.html check out the paper cuts/books

      http://www.abc26.de/en/poster.htm beautiful alphabet

      lettering tutorial

      beautiful doodles

      http://www.paulozelinsky.com/doodler.html this one remineded me of Sara Norquay's flights of fancy

      Eric Carle has a slide show demonstrating how he paints the tissue
      papers he uses for his illustrations, and how he uses them to make his

      If you have lots of time and want inspiration go to this site.

      for you printmakers

      Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 17:33:57 -0400
      From: Tammy Powley <janine@...>
      Subject: sources: scrapbbooks, memory, women

      I'm researching a topic related to memory-art (scrapbooks, altered books,
      and journals) with sort of a feminist angle. I'm looking for academic
      sources relating to memory, memory-art - i.el scrapbooks, etc., women and
      memory (as in women working as memory archivists), and any sort of
      combination that relates to my general topic. Since memory-art is related
      to book art, I thought some list members might have some suggestions. Thanks.

      ~ Tammy Powley ~

      http://www.geocities.com/david_j_rosen/mapfold/ Turkish map folds

      alphabet sentences - Abecedarian, also called pangrams:

      Quick wafting zephyrs vex bold Jim.
      Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.
      Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.
      How quickly daft jumping zebras vex.
      Waltz, nymph, for quick jigs vex Bud.
      The five boxing wizards jump quickly.
      Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz.
      Mr. Jock, TV quiz Ph.D., bags few lynx.
      Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs.
      Sympathizing would fix Quaker objectives.
      Five big quacking zephyrs jolt my wax bed.
      The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
      Jail zesty vixen who grabbed pay from quack.
      Many-wived Jack laughs at probes of sex quiz.
      Mix Zapf with Veljovic and get quirky Beziers.
      Dumpy kibitzer jingles as exchequer overflows.
      Puzzled women bequeath jerks very exotic gifts.
      Turgid saxophones blew over Mick's jazzy quiff.
      Brawny gods just flocked up to quiz and vex him.
      Viewing quizzical abstracts mixed up hefty jocks.
      Playing jazz vibe chords quickly excites my wife.
      Jim just quit and packed extra bags for Liz Owen.
      Five wine experts jokingly quizzed sample chablis.
      William Jex quickly caught five dozen Republicans.
      Martin J. Hixeypozer quickly began his first word.
      Many big jackdaws quickly zipped over the fox pen.
      A large fawn jumped quickly over white zinc boxes.
      Big July earthquakes confound zany experimental vow.
      Exquisite farm wench gives body jolt to prize stinker.
      Six big devils from Japan quickly forgot how to waltz.
      The vixen jumped quickly on her foe barking with zeal.
      Five or six big jet planes zoomed quickly by the tower.
      Crazy Fredericka bought many very exquisite opal jewels.
      My grandfather picks up quartz and valuable onyx jewels.
      Quixotic Republicans vet first key zero-growth jeremiad.
      Six crazy kings vowed to abolish my quite pitiful jousts.
      How razorback-jumping frogs can level six piqued gymnasts!
      Sixty zippers were quickly picked from the woven jute bag.
      The job of waxing linoleum frequently peeves chintzy kids.
      Jack amazed a few girls by dropping the antique onyx vase!
      We have just quoted on nine dozen boxes of gray lamp wicks.
      May Jo equal the fine record by solving six puzzles a week?
      West quickly gave Bert handsome prizes for six juicy plums.
      Fred specialized in the job of making very quaint wax toys.
      Just keep examining every low bid quoted for zinc etchings.
      Freight to me sixty dozen quart jars and twelve black pans.
      Verily the dark ex-Jew quit Zionism, preferring the cabala.
      Jay visited back home and gazed upon a brown fox and quail.
      A quick movement of the enemy will jeopardize six gunboats.
      Jeb quickly drove a few extra miles on the glazed pavement.
      All questions asked by five watch experts amazed the judge.
      Grumpy wizards make toxic brew for the evil Queen and Jack.
      The exodus of jazzy pigeons is craved by squeamish walkers.
      We promptly judged antique ivory buckles for the next prize.
      The risqué gown maked a very brazen exposure of juicy flesh.
      Back in June we delivered oxygen equipment of the same size.
      Lazy movers quit hard-packing of papier-mache jewelry boxes.
      How vexing a fumble to drop a jolly zucchini in the quicksand.
      While waxing parquet decks, Suez sailors vomit jaunitly abaft.
      Now is the time for all brown dogs to jump over the lazy lynx.
      Astronaut Quincy B. Zack defies gravity with six jet fuel pumps.
      My help squeezed back in again and joined the weavers after six.
      New farm hand (picking just six quinces) proves strong but lazy.
      Alfredo just must bring very exciting news to the plaza quickly.
      Back in my quaint garden jaunty zinnias vie with flaunting phlox.
      Jaded zombies acted quaintly but kept driving their oxen forward.
      Hark! Toxic jungle water vipers quietly drop on zebras for meals!
      Six big juicy steaks sizzled in a pan as five workmen left the quarry.
      Will Major Douglas be expected to take this true-false quiz very soon?
      The juke box music puzzled a gentle visitor from a quaint valley town.
      Just work for improved basic techniques to maximize your typing skill.
      A mad boxer shot a quick, gloved jab to the jaw of his dizzy opponent.
      Verbatim reports were quickly given by Jim Fox to his amazed audience.
      When we go back to Juarez, Mexico, do we fly over picturesque Arizona?
      Questions of a zealous nature have become by degrees petty waxen jokes.
      About sixty codfish eggs will make a quarter pound of very fizzy jelly.
      Murky haze enveloped a city as jarring quakes broke forty-six windows.
      King Alexander was just partly overcome after quizzing Diogenes in his
      The July sun caused a fragment of black pine wax to ooze on the velvet
      Two hardy boxing kangaroos jet from Sydney to Zanzibar on quicksilver
      Perhaps President Clinton's amazing sax skills will be judged quite
      Was there a quorum of able whizzkids gravely exciting the jaded fish at
      Ebenezer unexpectedly bagged two tranquil aardvarks with his jiffy
      vacuum cleaner.
      Fabled reader with jaded, roving eye seized by quickened impulse to
      expand budget.
      For only $49, jolly housewives made "inexpensive" meals using
      quick-frozen vegetables.
      The sex life of the woodchuck is a provocative question for most
      vertebrate zoology majors.
      Breezily jangling $3,416,857,209 wise advertiser ambles to the bank, his
      exchequer amplified.
      Jimmy and Zack, the police explained, were last seen diving into a field
      of buttered quahogs.
      William said that everything about his jacket was in quite good
      condition except for the zipper.
      Jelly-like above the high wire, six quaking pachyderms kept the climax
      of the extravaganza in a dazzling state of flux.
      No kidding, Lorenzo called off his trip to visit Mexico City just
      because they told him the conquistadors were extinct.
      Forsaking monastic tradition, twelve jovial friars gave up their
      vocation for a questionable existence on the flying trapeze.
      An inspired calligrapher can create pages of beauty using stick ink,
      quill, brush, pick-axe, buzz saw, or even strawberry jam.

      Portez ce vieux whisky au juge blond qui fume.
      (French: Take this old whiskey to the blond judge who smokes.)
      Moi, je veux quinze clubs a golf et du whisky pur.
      (French: Me, I want five golf clubs and some straight whiskey.)
      Zweedse ex-VIP, behoorlijk gek op quantumfysica.
      (Dutch: Swedish ex-VIP, pretty crazy about quantum physics.)
      Zwei boxka:mpfer jagen Eva quer durch Sylt.
      (German: Two boxers hunt Eva every which way through Sylt.)
      A beautiful pangram in Dutch is:
      Sexy qua lijf, doch bang voor het zwempak
      which includes the Dutch ligature 'ij'
      It means something like: 'A sexy body, but afraid for swimsuits'.
      celtic knot work
      www.vampandtramp.com (web)

      Contemporary Fine Press & Artists' Books
      "Marketing 101 for Book Artists."