Fw: Thoughts, Prayers and Support in Katrina's Wake

  • Angela Harkavy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      A Message from Mayor Scott Maddox
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: ScottMaddox@...<mailto:ScottMaddox@...>
      To: aharkavy@...<mailto:aharkavy@...>
      Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 12:58 AM
      Subject: Thoughts, Prayers and Support in Katrina's Wake

      <http://www.redcross.org/>
      Dear Fellow Floridian,

      Now is the time to stand together and show those experiencing the unimaginable chaos of Katrina's aftermath that they will not be left behind. If you haven't already done so, please give what you can<http://www.redcross.org/> to assist the victims of this horrific storm.

      The Red Cross<http://www.redcross.org/> is working around-the-clock to coordinate the largest relief effort in their history. Your contribution will go straight to those who need it most.

      What began in Florida as a Category 1 Hurricane moved into Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana as a storm of catastrophic proportions. Katrina left nothing but unprecedented tragedy in her wake.

      News outlets continue bring us photographs and videos of these ravaged coasts as the scope of the devastation is revealed by the light of day. Yet, in the midst of these ruins, personal stories of courage and hope begin to surface. The heroic acts of first responders, emergency workers and the everyday citizens who offer others a helping hand in the worst of times, inspires us all.

      The coming days, weeks and months will test the spirits of those left behind by this horrific storm as recovery efforts continue. Our neighbors struggle to rebuild not just their homes, but their lives. The journey will be long, but by working together, we will overcome Mother Nature's fury.

      As Floridians we are all too familiar with the devastating losses that hurricanes can cause. In the past year, five have hurricanes made their way onto our shores and each time our fellow Americans have come to our aid. So, too, shall we rally to support those suffering from Katrina. With the victims of Hurricane Katrina in our thoughts and prayers Sha and I ask you to visit www.RedCross.org<http://www.redcross.org/> and www.fema.gov<http://www.fema.gov/> or call 1-800-HELP-NOW and take action to help those affected by this storm.

      Respectfully,

      Scott Maddox

      Add ScottMaddox@... to your address book so you never miss an update.
      Political Advertisement, Paid for by Scott Maddox, Democrat, For Governor.