Medieval Tight Back book workshop at Hiromi Paper

  • rosequeen48
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2005
      Medieval Mechanical Tight Back Long Stitch Binding - $65.00 (Materials
      included) with Charlene Matthews; Sunday, August 14th 2005, 12-4pm, in
      Santa Monica.

      Come prepared to make a binding with Charlene Matthews that has been
      traced back over 600 years. It consists of blank signatures, sewn
      through a limp spine and spine plate. We will make a layered
      decorative/ sewn limp binding and decorate a spine plate before sewing
      the spine together. This binding can be adapted to many materials, but
      we will concentrate on the many beautiful papers Hiromi has to offer.
      This binding works well for diaries, photo albums, and collage
      scrapbooks. Charlene Matthews Bindery, based in Los Angeles has been
      in operation since 2000. Charlene provides a full range of bindery
      services, including fine bookmaking, book and art restoration/repair,
      custom box making and book art services for contemporary artists.

      More info: http://www.hiromipaper.com/hpi_newsletter.htm
    • askengel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2005
        I'm getting conflicting information as to the actual date of this workshop.
        It's posted in one place as being August 7th, and elsewhere it's saying
        August 14th. ??? Anyone on the bookarts connection attending?

      • Angela Harkavy
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 27, 2005
          HI,
          I am not attending but I notice it too. It is posted with 2 dates one out
          and other in.
          Angela

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 28, 2005
            --- In bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com, askengel@a... wrote:
            > I'm getting conflicting information as to the actual date of this
            workshop.
            > It's posted in one place as being August 7th, and elsewhere it's saying
            > August 14th. ??? Anyone on the bookarts connection attending?

            I didn't notice this discrepancy myself, so I'm sorry for the
            confusion. The workshop was originally schedule for the 14th, but has
            been moved back to the 7th. I have asked Hiromi to correct its website.