Nineteenth Century Printing Practices

  • Oak Knoll
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2005
      DO NOT USE YOUR EMAIL REPLY FUNCTION TO RESPOND TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.

      PLEASE RESPOND TO <mailto:orders@...> orders@...

      We are pleased to present Nineteenth Century Printing Practices!

      Nineteenth-Century Printing Practices and the Iron Handpress is encyclopedic
      in its examination of early printing techniques from the early
      fifteenth-century, wooden presses to their culmination with the
      nineteenth-century iron presses. Gabriel Rummonds, one of the most
      celebrated fine press printers of the twentieth-century, has distilled a
      half millennium's worth of printer's wisdom and manuals into this very
      readable and important history of the iron handpress and the intrepid men
      who worked it. This remarkable work represents over twenty years of research
      and scholarship.

      With almost five hundred rare and scarce wood cuts, engravings
      and photographs, and the most comprehensive bibliography on the subject ever
      printed, this two-volume, monumental work stands alone in the annals of
      printing history. Nineteenth-Century Printing Practices are the companion
      volumes to Rummonds' 1998 classic, Printing on the Iron Handpress.

      Check out Nineteenth-Century Printing Practices at the following link:

      <http://oakknoll.com/detail.php?d_booknr=76306>

      We also have many more titles with similar subjects. Check out the following
      online catalogue to view our printing manuals.

      <http://oakknoll.com/results.php?s_Catnr=969
      <http://oakknoll.com/results.php?s_Catnr=969&s_ShowPics=1> &s_ShowPics=1>

      Best wishes,

      Your Oak Knollers

      Oak Knoll Books
      310 Delaware Street New Castle DE 19720
      P: 302.328.7232 - F: 302.328.7274 - E: oakknoll@... web
      <http://www.oakknoll.com/> http://www.oakknoll.com/
      Member Antiquarian Bookseller's Association of America (ABAA)
      <http://www.abaa.org/> http://www.abaa.org/
      International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB)
      <http://www.ilab-lila.com/> http://www.ilab-lila.com/
      Buy with confidence of consumer protection when you buy from an ILAB
      bookseller