RE: [bookartsconnection] Book on Journals

  • Sara Norquay
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2005
      I bought that book in Paris, Jill, at the Institute for Contemporary Art.
      It's great, though perhaps I should have waited until I got home to buy it.
      It isn't a lightweight item.

      While in Paris I also met some printmakers who are book artists. They don't
      have a website yet but I gave Kristin Meller this yahoo group email and
      suggested she sign up. I was very excited to meet her and the others and
      hope we can find a way of connecting again. If any of you are going to Paris
      please contact them. Collectively they are called: "association pour
      l'estampe et pour l'art populaire." Their studio and gallery space is in the
      20th arrondissement, in an area called Belleville which is near Pere
      Lachaise cemetary. Kristin also speaks English and Spanish, so don't
      hesitate for reasons of potential difficulty in communication. For more
      information send me an email. I am sure she will send us the website once
      it's up and running.