English Bookbinding Styles

  • Oak Knoll
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2005
      DO NOT USE YOUR EMAIL REPLY FUNCTION TO RESPOND TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.

      PLEASE RESPOND TO <mailto:orders@...> orders@...

      English Bookbinding Styles has just arrived at Oak Knoll!

      This long-awaited work provides excellent guidance on recognizing and dating
      English bookbindings of the hand-press period. In addition to providing
      practical help in placing particular bindings within their time and place,
      the book encourages a new approach to historic bindings, concentrating on
      what a binding can tell us about previous owners and their approach to
      books. This book is beautifully illustrated with 8 color and 200
      black-and-white illustrations.

      The author, David Pearson, is the Librarian of the Wellcome Library and
      worked previously in the National Art Library and The British Library. His
      well-received books and articles on bookbinding history have established him
      as one of Britain's leading authorities on the subject. English Bookbinding
      Styles is an important reference tool for all scholars of British
      bookbindings and collectors. This title is co-published with The British
      Library.

      Check out English Bookbinding Styles 1450 - 1800 at the following link:

      <http://oakknoll.com/detail.php?d_booknr=76538>

      We also have many more titles with similar subjects. Please click the
      following link to look through our selection of bookbinding books.

      <http://oakknoll.com/specialties.php?selected_specialty=18>

      If the above links do not work, please copy the address, paste it in your
      web browser, and you will be able to view the pages.

      We hope you find something of interest.

      Best wishes,

      Your Oak Knollers

      Oak Knoll Books
      310 Delaware Street New Castle DE 19720
      P: 302.328.7232 - F: 302.328.7274 - E: oakknoll@... web
      <http://www.oakknoll.com/> http://www.oakknoll.com/
      Member Antiquarian Bookseller's Association of America (ABAA)
      <http://www.abaa.org/> http://www.abaa.org/
      International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB)
      <http://www.ilab-lila.com/> http://www.ilab-lila.com/
      Buy with confidence of consumer protection when you buy from an ILAB
      bookseller