Flying Leaves and One-Sheets

  • Oak Knoll
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2005
      DO NOT USE YOUR EMAIL REPLY FUNCTION TO RESPOND TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.

      PLEASE RESPOND TO <mailto:orders@...> orders@...

      Flying Leaves and One-Sheets has just arrived at Oak Knoll!

      This first edition work is a well-illustrated history of the Pennsylvania
      German printing traditions as represented by over 130 of their broadsides
      and fraktur specimens. Printing in both German fraktur (black letter) and
      English, these intrepid early printers produced thousands of flyers,
      posters, and instructional pieces in varieties so extensive as to defy
      categorization. Their legal documents, such as marriage, baptism, and birth
      certificates, with their colorfully primitive motifs and borders, are highly
      collected today. However their other works are also explored and explained
      in this ground-breaking work. More than 130 color and black & white works
      are illustrated in detail with dates, printers and purpose.

      Check out Flying Leaves and One-Sheets at the following link:

      <http://oakknoll.com/detail.php?d_booknr=78333>

      We also have many more titles with similar subjects. Check out the following
      online catalogue to view our titles on Fraktur and Printing.

      <http://oakknoll.com/results.php?s_Catnr=928
      <http://oakknoll.com/results.php?s_Catnr=928&s_ShowPics=1> &s_ShowPics=1>

      If the above links do not work, please copy the address, paste it in your
      web browser, and you will be able to view the pages.

      We hope you find something of interest.

      Best wishes,

      Your Oak Knollers

      Oak Knoll Books
      310 Delaware Street New Castle DE 19720
      P: 302.328.7232 - F: 302.328.7274 - E: oakknoll@... web
      <http://www.oakknoll.com/> http://www.oakknoll.com/
      Member Antiquarian Bookseller's Association of America (ABAA)
      <http://www.abaa.org/> http://www.abaa.org/
      International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB)
      <http://www.ilab-lila.com/> http://www.ilab-lila.com/
      Buy with confidence of consumer protection when you buy from an ILAB
      bookseller