wearable books

    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2005
      This sounds so intriguing. Does anyone know of any websites that have pictures of wearable books? Jill

      Dear Friends
      There are a few spots left in my workshop next weekend, May 21/22 from 10-4,
      at Creative Arts Workshop in New Haven, CT. I am teaching The Book as
      Personal Adornment: Wearable Books, and CAW asked if I would post the
      information here. I apologize for any cross postings.

      In this workshop we will learn book and box techniques, as well as some
      jewelry techniques that lend themselves to designing containers as personal
      totems. We will also look at historic book structures and book-like
      ornaments from around the world that demonstrate and explore this concept,
      as well as work from contemporary artists.

      If you are interested please contact CAW at 203-562-4927, and for more
      information about Creative Arts Workshop please go to
      www.creativeartsworkshop.org

      Thanks so much
      Miriam Schaer