beautiful bindings

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2005
      The catalog of American Decorated Publishers' Bindings 1872-1929
      now has 365 entries in the database, and 155 images are online. The
      installation views are freely available at
      http://minsky.com/gallery.htm

      The earlier (incomplete) version of the checklist with about 200
      partial entries and 30 images is at
      http://minsky.com/pub-dec-other.htm

      The printed book is on schedule for 2006 publication in a Deluxe Edition,
      a Limited Edition, and a CD-ROM. Pre-publication discount subscription
      information is at
      http://minsky.com/orderform-subscription1.htm

      If the current rate of subscriber interest continues, the Limited
      Edition may be sold out before publication. Please note that the
      current pricing expires this Saturday, April 30, and a price increase
      takes effect May 1.

      While the book is in preparation, subscribers have passcode access to
      the website with the complete checklist and all the images, as well as
      the illustrated essays as they are written. Last week the section on
      book covers depicting motor cars before 1911 became available.

      Currently I am working on two sections, one on the Asian influence,
      and one on the influence of Will Bradley's radical 1894 design for
      _In Russet and Silver_.

      Several of the titles have disappeared from the online listings during
      the last few weeks, and better copies of some others have become more
      expensive, so perhaps the collectors, dealers, curators and librarians
      who have subscribed are finding the online catalog useful. I might have
      to write something about the economics of this, as I tried to get another
      copy of one title today that was $20 last month and could not find one
      offered in as good condition for under $125!

      --
      Richard
      http://minsky.com