Re: [bookartsconnection] Digest Number 529

  • francesj14@cox.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 8:07 AM
      Jill: you have outdone yourself today. 3 magnigiscent
      sites. great page turners to explore and a whole
      house. some dream..:>)
      again, thanks for the inspiration you have always beed
      sending us.
      frances

      <jill@...>
      <jill@...>
      <jill@...>
      <jill@...>

      _____________________________

      _____________________________

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:44:29 -0700
      > From: "Jill Littlewood" <jill@...>
      > Subject: very cool book
      >
      > I've just posted a "turning page" book on my website
      with some information
      > on the many iterations in it's evolution.
      > http://www.DOTKRAUSE.com/FlipBook/template.htm
      >
      > Dot

      removed]

      _____________________________

      _____________________________

      marnie.torrey@....

      > Dear Fellow Book Artist,
      >
      > I need your help.
      >
      > I am giving a lecture this summer entitled, "Why
      Books?". I will be
      > talking about the experiences that led to my
      involvement in book arts
      > and fine press. I would also like to present other
      artists' involvement
      > with the book form. This is an opportunity to educate
      the local
      > community about the vitality and vibrancy of the book
      arts.

      > Please answer the following four questions. Be as
      brief or as thorough
      > as you'd like. I'd rather have a one sentence response
      than none at all.
      > I appreciate your time!
      >
      > 1. Define artist book (go ahead, take a stab at it!).
      >
      > 2. Would you characterize yourself as a book person
      (binder,
      > conservator, etc) who recognized the book as an art
      form, or as an
      > artist who found books to be a fertile format, or as
      another animal
      > altogether?
      >
      > 3. Why books? What is it about the book form, or the
      book as a concept,
      > or the book as a vehicle, or the book as a container,
      or books in
      > general that has inspired you to make them?
      >
      > 4. What are the usual materials that you employ to
      make books? What are
      > the most wild and innovative materials you've used?
      >
      > I will be showing slides in conjunction with this
      lecture. If you have a
      > slide or slides that you would be willing to allow me to
      use, please
      > send them to me. Your name and the title of the piece
      would be presented
      > each time I used the slide. I am hoping to build a
      personal slide
      > library for teaching and lecturing purposes, so I would
      very much like
      > to keep the slides. However, if you would like them
      returned, I am happy

      marnie.torrey@... by
      > April 10, 2005.
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Marnie
      >
      > Marnie Powers-Torrey
      > Studio Manager/Instructor
      > Book Arts Program
      > 295 South 1500 East
      > Salt Lake City, UT 84112
      > 801.585.9191

      > Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
      >
      > Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>
      removed]

      _____________________________

      _____________________________

      > Message: 3
      > Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:05:42 -0700
      > From: "Jill Littlewood" <jill@...>
      > Subject: turn the pages at the British Library

      http://www.bl.uk/collections/treasures/digitisation1.html

      removed]

      _____________________________

      _____________________________

      > Message: 4
      > Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 23:16:26 -0700
      > From: "Jill Littlewood" <jill@...>
      > Subject: a house made out of books
      >
      > Here is a Web site with photos by the artist Livio de
      Marchi:

      > http://www.liviodemarchi.com/ukmain3.htm
      >
      > including pictures of a house of "books":
      >
      > http://www.liviodemarchi.com/casauk.htm

      removed]