free books - what a great idea!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2005
      Bookthing

      There's a little place in Baltimore called the Bookthing. They take
      your old books and give them away to other people. It's not any more
      complicated than that. I go in and drop off my old English Literature
      from 1800-1950 textbook, they hang on to it until someone else comes
      in and takes it home. It's all free. Seriously. Here's the
      <http://www.bookthing.org/>. Just click on the FAQ for a little more
      info.
      There is a problem though, they ran out of space at the old place,
      and now that they've found a new space, they have to pay the closing
      costs and everything else, quick