June 15th meeting
- The Saturday, June 15th meeting of the Book Arts group will commence at 1pm
at The Lumino Press, a Book Arts Press operated by John Balkwill out of a
small studio on De La Vina Street. The meeting will consist of the
following three parts:
1. A general introduction to the kinds of work and projects done at the
2. A discussion with Santa Barbara artist Mary Heebner about collaborations
with the press on limited edition artist's books.
3. A demonstration of letterpress printing on a Vandercook UN I press. Each
person will have the opportunity to pull a few proofs.
Early in June directions and additional information will be provided.
- Anyone who hasn't seen John Balkwill's work - and Mary Heebner's
books - is in for a real treat on June 15! And the rest of us will
be there for another look. The books on which they collaborated were
recently added to UCLA's Special Collections and are absolutely
gorgeous. I can't wait!