still time to eat books and have tea

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2005
      The Los Angeles Book Arts Center invites book artists and book lovers of ALL
      AGES to cook up a literary feast for our annual Edible Book Tea Party on
      Saturday, April 2, 2005.
      There is NO FEE to create an edible book or to attend this fun-filled event,
      which will be held on Saturday, April 2, at Plummer Park in West Hollywood.
      Everyone who's interested - book artists, book lovers, foodies, children -
      is invited to participate by cooking up a book out of ingredients that can be
      found in any grocery store.
      Our purpose is to celebrate books - there is no competition or judging, just
      the joy of creating your own book and taking in the imagination of your
      fellow book lovers. Last year, our youngest participant was 5 years old - a
      testament to the inspiration that books have on our lives - and if she can do it,
      so can you!
      There's still plenty of time to join in the fun, and to help and inspire
      participants, we'll be sending out weekly updates and tips on creating edible
      TIP FOR WEEK 1
      For example, to get those creative juices flowing - think about your
      favorite books.
      * Are they novels? Biographies? Romances? Mysteries?
      * Or, are your very favorites the books you shared with your whole family?
      * Which book had a significant impact on your life?
      * Who is your favorite literary character?
      In the coming weeks, we'll help you narrow your favorites to one particular
      book, explore how to "cook your book" - how to pick the character, scene or
      theme to illustrate in food, and look at the best food options for making an
      edible book that looks and tastes great!
      Whether you're thinking about bring an entry, or just want to join the
      celebration, here's more information on the Edible Book Tea Party and a sign-up
      form, if you're already planning to bring an entry on April 2 (don't worry, we'
      ll include the form each week with our updates and give you a way to register
      over the phone, as well).
      Remember, it's FREE to enter and attend, though it will help us to know how
      many entries to expect on the day. Thank You!
      WHO: YOU & The Los Angeles Book Arts Center
      WHAT: The Edible Book Tea Party
      WHEN: Saturday, April 2, 2005
      WHERE: Plummer Park Recreation Center, 7377 Santa Monica Blvd., West
      WHY: To have fun and celebrate the book in all its entertaining and
      delicious forms!
      EVENT DETAILS: Set-up for participants with edible books NOON - 1:30 p.m.
      Open to public viewing 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
      Tea Party - eat the books! 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
      Your Name:
      Your E-mail:
      (LABAC will not give out your e-mail address or other information)
      Your address:
      Your phone:
      Title of your entry:
      Book & author your entry is based upon:
      For more information, or to register your entry via phone, please contact
      Lisa Deutsch at 310-657-2616, or LAGourmet@....