treewhispers

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2005
      Message: 6
      Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 18:13:19 -0000
      From: "pame322" <paulsrud@...>
      Subject: earth day

      I wanted to put in a response to the posts referring to earth day and
      round paper projects. Perhaps many of you know that Marilyn Sward and
      I are passionately involved with the "treewhispers" project...and I do
      mean passionately. Treewhispers has brought together tree stories,
      poems and memories, handmade paper, art and people in the most amazing
      way. Large groups, small groups, individuals, all age groups have
      joined in. We've witnessed the joy of papermaking (the wet and
      wonderful, "I made it! it's paper!"),the sharing of stories that have
      made us laugh, made us cry, made us think. They have all touched our
      hearts as people have rekindled a memory, a story. In finding a place
      to share it they have found a connection to others and hopefully
      rekindled a connection to the trees. The art has been astounding in so
      many ways. The work of the professional artist may be next to that of
      a child or a simple drawing. The beauty emerges as they come together,
      there is truly something special about that. In doing workshops and
      demonstrations we've found many who have hovered with a comment that
      they didn't have a tree story. After asking them if they ever climbed
      a tree, had a favorite tree or walked in the forest, they usually
      couldn't stop talking...a fire was ignited. In saying all this I guess
      I'm encouraging everyone who can to participate in some way, to share
      your love for paper, for trees, for stories, for others. We'd love to
      share the project with you and let you know Treewhispers is alive and
      well. Join us in the forest. Pamela <www.treewhispers.com>