Saturday meeting

    Message 1 of 14 , May 16 8:06 PM
      Here is what I think is happening at the monthly meeting this Saturday:

      It is at my house, 435 E. Pedregosa (close to the Old Mission and rose garden).

      1:00 - 4:00, unless we never want to end our collage extravaganza.

      The activity will be a round robin of collage making so bring collage elements and something to put them on (Lisa is bringing blank flash cards, I have book pages to share: anything that is a base to begin collaging on). Also the usual glue, scissors and stuff.

      Also bring announcements, info, ideas, sources, works in progress, etc.

      Last but not least, bring books to put in our first ever show of Book Artists of the Central Coast. Yeeha!

      Jill Littlewood

      (898-9260 if you have questions)

    • askengel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 22, 2002
        A big THANK YOU to Joyce and Sharron for such a fun day!
        You were very generous to share your home and all the
        "stuff" we used. Everyone made so many beautiful papers.
        A great meeting!
        Sharon Engel
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 18, 2002
          Hi everyone, Jill here. I am looking forward to having swappers, tippers and sourcers here at the usual time tomorrow: 1:00 - 4:00. (In case there is anyone new, tomorrow our meeting is a swap meet combined with inaugurating the book Pat Baldwin is coordinating. Bring stuff to give away, bags to take stuff home in, tips about your favorite ways of working, and names and addresses of places you like to buy supplies.)

          Bring snacks if you like, or drinks. This is one thing too many for me, for as you will see THE PRESSES ARE HERE. And with them, banks and banks of type. It is a most impressive change in my studio, and hopefully in the future of book arts in this area. John Balkwill and his friend Gary gave us the most extraordinary gift of moving this print shop down here from Lake Tahoe.

          I want to write more and tell you more about how this came to be but my computer keeps kicking me off and erasing my emails. So I will send this now and see you tomorrow.

        • Angela Harkavy
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 14, 2002
            Hi all, I am not sure I can make it because I am sick. What time does the
            meeting starts? Maybe I will make it. Thanks,

            Angela Oliveira Harkavy
            4034 Doneva Rd.
            Moorpark, CA 93021, USA
            Tel: 805-529-7926 Fax:80-529-7519

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 13, 2003
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 13, 2003
                Jill: I didn't get anything in this email.
                Ines
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 13, 2003
                  Mine was blank too. Judy
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 13, 2003
                    me neither. Gianna

                  • Karen Thomas
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 14, 2003
                      Hi everyone,
                      For security reasons, this list has been set up to not
                      accept email attachments. So, if you want to post an
                      image or a file, go to your Yahoo groups
                      Bookartsconnection membership area and post it there.

                      Regards,
                      Karen

                      =====
                      "Art takes my mind off my hair"http://www.karenelaine.com

                      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 14, 2003
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 15, 2003
                          It's a great idea, but i've got to be back in ventura by 4:30, so if the
                          group decides to take your suggestion I'll hear about the second part.
                          Either way, what time would we meet at the dolphin fountain?

                          Ines
> [...]
                          >> toward universal good.
                          >> This is the purpose of Peace Congress 2003.
                          >>

                          >> ----------------------------------
                          >>

                          >> John Tieber
                          >> jtieber@...
                          >> www.nion-sb.org
                          >>

                          >> ``````````````````````````````````````````
                          >> SUBSCRIBE: If someone forwarded this e-newsletter to you and you'd
                          >like
                          >> to receive future issues, please SUBSCRIBE by clicking e-News Subscribe
                          at
                          >> our home page.
                          >> Your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.
                          >>

                          >> UNSUBSCRIBE: Simply respond to this email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the
                          >subject
                          >> line.
                          >>

                          >> ``````````````````````````````````````````
                          >> Nonviolence, when it becomes active, travels with
                          >> extraordinary velocity, and then it becomes a miracle.

                        • Lisa Moore
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 15, 2003
                            Hi Everyone, thank you for your responses, re: February's meeting.

                            Just to clarify, Jill proposes an alternative to the beach journaling venue to meeting @ 1:00 pm at Alameda Park, between Santa Barbara & Sola St s. Today, after discussing the event of the Peace Congress with Jill, this is my sense of the project:
                            we can choose to be observers or journalists of the movement and relate our experiences of the event in journaling found objects/ephemera collecting, etc., and then meet up and touch base, continuing privately or together on our pieces. Or retaining our results to be brought to February's meeting.

                            Jill or someone in Sally's class, correct me and/or add to the above info, please.

                            Either the original arrangement or the park is fine with me, but it's difficult to get an idea of the group consensus. If those who want to go to the beach, the park, or to somehow get together this Saturday, would please be heard by posting your preference...Thank you.

                            Love & Gratitude,
                            Lisa

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 15, 2003
                              Not knowing where things are located in SB, I'd vote for meeting at the
                              dolphin thingy and going from there wherever everyone would like to go.

                              Patrice

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 15, 2003
                                either way is fine with me. and so is playing by ear the rest of the
                                meeting.

                                From: Lisa Moore <artboox@...>
                                To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
                                Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 3:24 PM